Most all of us snack (or "graze") at some time or other.
It's almost as though it's expected of us.
There are snacks and nibbles available almost everywhere.
Once upon a time, we'd have nibbled on a biscuit with our morning tea or coffee.
Nowadays it seems we're almost always eating.
So how can you stop snacking?
* Keep to set meal times. Three meals a day is a good way to go (some people advise five, smaller, meals a day and that's OK if it works for you). If you follow this kind of regime, you're unlikely to feel hungry between meals and that's the first step to stopping snacking.
* Allow yourself the occasional (small) snack. It's far better to give yourself an allowance of snacks that you can eat occasionally during the week than it is to forbid them altogether. It's human nature to want what we can't have, so allow yourself to have a snack every now and then and it's likely your snack cravings will reduce.
* Wean yourself onto healthier snacks. Sure, chocolate is nice to eat and doesn't deserve to be banned forever. But try to include some other healthier snacks in your daily life. Beware the hidden sugars in things like fruit juice and smoothies - it's far better to eat real fruit than it is to slurp down pre-processed juices.
* Make a shopping list and stick to it. You'll find this easier to do if you shop after you've eaten as the temptation to buy extra items that aren't on your list is less on a full stomach.
* Treat yourself occasionally. Obviously not on a whole chocolate cake. But reward yourself with the occasional small indulgence when you've kept off the snacks for a set amount of time.
* Figure out when you're most in danger of snacking. Maybe you use snacks as comfort foods. Maybe you snack when you're nervous. Maybe your snack attacks are in the form of refrigerator raids in the middle of the night. Whenever you are most at risk of snacking, figure out what is triggering the desire to snack. Then set about changing your habits - hypnosis can be a good way to do this as it works deep within your mind.
Go to the Ovomaltine Crunchy Cream for further detail about Snack.